It’s a little late to make a New Year’s resolution, but I’ll make one
nevertheless. From now I’m writing only in English - at least on this blog.
This move is not about the audience, thought I admit - it’d be nice to show some
of my previous posts to non-Polish speakers (and as I’m getting more and more
confident about my work, I’ll probably have something more to share in the
future). It’s a known fact that programming world is dominated by English so I
often had to translate some phrases to Polish, at least if I didn’t want my
articles to turn into a weird mix of Polish and English words randomly thrown
here and there (and I didn’t, but often it was unavoidable). It’s a
burden because usually Polish lacks good equivalents for some particular words
so I either had to skip these or come up with rough and unnatural neologisms. So
I figured that using English all over the place will better fit the purpose of
The only problem is my recent “Dotfiles” series. I don’t want to leave it
partially Polish and partially English and because I’m not particularly
interested in running multilingual blog, I’ll probably start translating first
three parts to English English in the first place.